Thursday 7 June 2012

When I first started creating books I had no idea where it was going to take me.  Did I want to sell my books?  Were they even good enough to sell?  Was I going to keep them for myself and perhaps family/friends?  Is this just a hobby or am I going to take this more seriously and make a real go of it?

Well, basically I got to a point were I had so many books that I needed to do something with them and I did have some pride in my creations and I didn't want to just throw them away.  But, that's exactly what I started to do;  I gave them away.  I gave them as birthday presents, Christmas gifts or just 'thanks for being around' gifts. And amazingly (or to my amazement), people loved them.  I was encouraged to get online and start selling, if for no other reason than to empty my storage boxes of books and feed  my ever increasing expensive habit/hobby.

Ive been selling on madeit.com.au for almost 12 months now and while I haven't sold a huge number of books, I have certainly gained a lot of confidence from friends, family and total strangers who tell me how clever I am.

This is the very first leather bound journal I created with my Instructor Phil at Melbourne School of Bookbinding


Over the next few weeks I'm going to be challenging myself to take my book designs a little further and create something with a real uniqueness.  I guess we have to challenge ourselves and push the boundaries a little at times.

So stayed tuned..... Pics coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment